- Suitable for chemical or electrical insulation
- Available in a wide variety of aspects, hardnesses and colours
- Formulated on demand to adapt to specific applications
- Our laboratory offers a large range of rheology and viscosity adapting to the application (e.g. 1000 mPa.s to 70 000 mPa.s)
- PLASTISOL offers endless possibilities with various degrees of hardness, colour, surface types etc.
- SYNTHENE’s chemists and quality department are involved in continuous improvement outlook, adjusting the formulas with new raw materials and providing guidance towards the evolution of REACH regulation
- Performance is reached by UV stability, electrical insulation, mechanical, fire or chemical resistance
- Standards are respected through phthalate‑free formulas, bio-compatible and toy-standard options
- High chemical resistance to acids and bases, durable product
- Strong mechanical properties for everyday handling
- Available in an unlimited variety of colours and surface aspects
- Large hardness choice between 10 Shore A and 57 Shore D
PLASTISOL is a paste obtained by the dispersion of a PVC powder resin into a liquid plasticizer. After a thermal treatment, the product results in an elastomer.
SYNTHENE formulates PLASTISOL on demand since the 1960’s, following a precise list of specifications: hardness, viscosity, colour, mechanical and physical properties.
This long-established expertise is at the clients’ service, from the project’s formulation to industrialisation.
With its unique know-how, SYNTHENE assists and advises the clients in their projects until the production step.
Range of Properties
from 10 Shore A to 57 Shore D
glossy, mat, satiny, granulitic
from 1000 mPa.s to 70 000 mPa.s
wide variety of colours
toy, phtalate-free, biocompatible etc.
A guide to the coating-soaking process. All information needed to the successful application of PLASTISOL.
One material with many types of application
tool handle coating, gloves, electro-galvanizing line etc.
protective layer for fabric, technical cloth, tarp etc.
bellows, nozzles, handles, gloves etc.
Slush-molding & rotomoulding
dolls, limb prosthesis etc.
fabric decoration, masking parts for sand-blasted glass bottles etc.
Casting in closed moulds
bellows, seals, gaskets, fishing lures etc.